6 Simple Detox Ideas
by Christina Koopmann - Freelance Writer
Practiced for centuries by cultures around the world — including Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine – detoxification is about cleansing and nourishing the body as well as the mind for a more vibrant, healthier lifestyle.
When you detox on a physical level, you basically remove impurities from your entire system via the liver, kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. While removing toxins from your system, you start to feed your body with healthy nutrients. Detoxifying can help protect you from disease, boost your immune system, enhance your beauty, clear your mind and in general renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
Here are 6 easy tips and tricks how you can help your body detoxify on a daily basis:
- Start your day with some hot lemon water to kick-start your system and your digestion.
- Dry-brush your skin every morning before showering to remove toxins through your pores – the skin is the biggest organ after all.
- Eat a lot of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day and a lot of green tea.
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system. A short meditation or Yoga practice every day could help you to practice the deep breathing exercise.
Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
Very few people like to hear the alarm clock bellowing in their ear first thing in the morning and worse still if it’s the signal for you to drag yourself up and get to the gym, but hitting the snooze button one too many times can be detrimental to your fitness goals if it means you frequently end up skipping your workout. (...)