Boost That Youthful Glow
by Iris Kuhn - Owner Spa Manufactur
I am a passionate believer in taking care of your entire being in a holistic way: following an easy-going daily routine of toning and relaxing fitness like yoga, light and clean eating and of course clean skincare.
Treat your skin from the inside out
The body's largest organ - your skin – should be treated well and nourished just like your belly. To do this I like to combine superfood-vitamin-smoothies with weekly 24-hour-quick-cleanses in a relaxed way. This essentially means dinner-cancelling or if that is not your thing, you may want to replace dinner with one of my favorites:
Green booster juice:
- 500 ml coconut water
- 300 ml carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon wheatgrass powder
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 grapefruit
- ½ banana
- 1 hand of (baby-)spinach
Enjoy one half for dinner, the other one for breakfast the next morning.
Detox for your skin
Further, you want to pamper your skin externally as well. Enjoy an intensive body-brush-massage or relaxing bath with high grade products.
Unfortunately, most people invest more precious time and money in their outfits, than in their nutrition or skincare. Detox for your skin in a nutshell: salt scrubs, detox baths, ambitious skincare with precious, pure organic, cold pressed plant oils, brush massages, ice-cold splashes and last but not least: sweat, sweat, sweat – in various sports, steam baths or saunas.
Holistic skincare should be blended with pure botanical essences for maximum effects. Botanical essences are powerful superfood-boosters, rich in vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. Those products are designed to consciously support essential body functions: they are infused with magnesium that is absorbed through the skin, they are useful to recover after exercise, reduce the build-up of lactic acid, activate the metabolism, support body mass reduction, help to regenerate, energize and restore, and nourish and moisturize the skin with precious plant oils.
Step by step guide for an in-home SPA routine:
- Take a warm shower and do a whole body peeling to prepare your skin and open your pores. For optimum results put a small amount of peeling butter on a natural body brush and start applying in circular motions, starting from the right foot upwards.
- Don’t worry if some of the peeling still sticks to your skin and just move into a tub filled with nice, warm water with a detox bath essence of your choice. This will have a wonderful detoxifying and alkalizing effect on your body.
- For the next 30 minutes listen to relaxing music, sip some herbal tea and let the warm water do its job.
- Finish your routine with at least 30 minutes of relaxation to stabilize your circulation and boost the detoxification effects. Keep listening to beautiful music and have some hot and freshly brewed herbal blends until falling asleep, while your metabolism is doing its work; building new cells and hormones. Wake up naturally with fresh new power, glowing from the inside and outside.
It’s not simply a beauty routine – it’s the art of celebrating your own, unique wellbeing and lifestyle. Just do it!
We begin our lives as a fragile being that needs all the attention and care necessary to survive, learn and grow. Under this protective umbrella we begin as explorers experiencing the myriad sights, sounds, tastes, textures and smells. (...)
When someone says to me that they meditate, I feel inspired by them and humbled that they can include this ancient discipline from the East into their lives. I do, however, get pretty annoyed when they say: “Yeah, I’ve got this great app that I use.” My verdict: if you are TRULY meditating, you don’t use technology. Let me explain why. (...)