Anti-Inflammatory Hot Toddy Tea
by Blair Morgan - Director, Cape South
Inflammation is the cause of many chronic illnesses. A majority of these illnesses start within the gut as an autoimmune reaction that develops into systemic inflammation.
Here is a fabulous recipe from Lee Holmes’ book ‘Heal your Gut’. This tea is your drug-free weapon of prevention, laced with creamy cashew milk and perfumed with healing spices.
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cashew Milk (almond milk is fine too)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 drops of liquid stevia
- Heat the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the spices, ginger, vanilla & pepper, then stir to remove any lumps.
- Remove from the heat & pour through a fine sieve to remove grated ginger.
- Add the stevia and enjoy warm.
Ingredient health tip: Piperine, a key ingredient in black pepper, enhances the bio-availability of turmeric.
Finally. I was pregnant with my second child at the age of 39. At fifteen weeks doctors told me that due to early contractions I had to be placed on bed rest for the duration of my pregnancy. A mere inconvenience, I reasoned. (...)
Laughing is not only fun, but has a vital impact on your overall health, providing additional zest for life and boosting life energy. Based on ancient yoga knowledge and modern laughter research, Laughter Yoga is a mixture of laughter exercises and deep yoga breathing. (...)