Anti-Inflammatory Hot Toddy Tea
by Blair Morgan - Director, Cape South
Inflammation is the cause of many chronic illnesses. A majority of these illnesses start within the gut as an autoimmune reaction that develops into systemic inflammation.
Here is a fabulous recipe from Lee Holmes’ book ‘Heal your Gut’. This tea is your drug-free weapon of prevention, laced with creamy cashew milk and perfumed with healing spices.
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cashew Milk (almond milk is fine too)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 drops of liquid stevia
- Heat the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the spices, ginger, vanilla & pepper, then stir to remove any lumps.
- Remove from the heat & pour through a fine sieve to remove grated ginger.
- Add the stevia and enjoy warm.
Ingredient health tip: Piperine, a key ingredient in black pepper, enhances the bio-availability of turmeric.
If you are already into mindfulness and the holistic lifestyle, chances are, you enjoy using candles to help create a peaceful mood while meditating, entertaining, or enjoying a romantic dinner with your partner. But what exactly are you breathing in? (...)
“There is a void felt these days by women and men– who suspect that their feminine nature, like Persephone , has gone to hell. Whenever there is such a void, such a gap or wound agape, healing must be sought in the blood of the wound itself. (...)