Anti-Inflammatory Hot Toddy Tea
by Blair Morgan - Director, Cape South
Inflammation is the cause of many chronic illnesses. A majority of these illnesses start within the gut as an autoimmune reaction that develops into systemic inflammation.
Here is a fabulous recipe from Lee Holmes’ book ‘Heal your Gut’. This tea is your drug-free weapon of prevention, laced with creamy cashew milk and perfumed with healing spices.
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cashew Milk (almond milk is fine too)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 drops of liquid stevia
- Heat the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the spices, ginger, vanilla & pepper, then stir to remove any lumps.
- Remove from the heat & pour through a fine sieve to remove grated ginger.
- Add the stevia and enjoy warm.
Ingredient health tip: Piperine, a key ingredient in black pepper, enhances the bio-availability of turmeric.
There is this magic around Christmas time. Yes, we have the jingle bells, the friendly red nose reindeer, and Santa Claus‘ roar „Ho, Ho, Ho!" People decorate their houses with lights and endearing ornaments. And especially for the little ones, the air is filled with excitement. (...)
Gemstones always had something fascinating about them and attracted human kind since the dawn of time. Diamonds, rubies and emeralds are considered exceptionally valuable around the world. But one should not forget that gems have not only been treasured because of their fascinating looks, but also because of their numerous properties and healing attributes. (...)