This is Why You Should Drink Lemon Water
by Ewa Biging - Editor in Chief, Just Breathe Mag
Even the smallest changes in your routine can have a big impact on your health. Take starting your day with warm lemon water, for instance, as the list of benefits is impressive.
Simply squeeze half a lemon in a cup of warm water, add some honey to taste and enjoy!
If you drink warm (not boiling hot!) lemon water in the morning on an empty stomach, you will do your body a big favor. Here are the 4 main reasons why:
- One of the benefits of drinking lemon water is that the acids help with proper digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices.
- Aiding digestion is especially important as we get older, as the amount of acid in our stomach declines with age.
- Further, warming the water seems to provide the greatest digestive benefits.
A Healthy Dose of Vitamin C
- Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is one of the easiest ways to boost your immune system and neutralize free radicals associated with aging and disease.
- One lemon contains a whopping 187% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C.
- The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed, which is why experts recommended popping extra vitamin C during especially stressful days.
Weight Loss Friendly
- Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps to fight hunger cravings.
- Drink lemon water right when you wake up gets your metabolism on point so that you’re firing on all cylinders, having all the energy you need for the day ahead.
- Lemon-flavored water is also a healthy option to replace your morning glass of orange juice—think of all the calories saved!
- The antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too!
- Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin, while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
- It can also be applied to scars and age spots to reduce their appearance, and because it’s detoxifying your blood, it will maintain your skin’s radiance.
When I ‘rewound the video of my life’ and searched for an underlying plot, it made perfect sense that a girl from Connecticut, the daughter of a pharmacist, would end up in East Africa, learning from the indigenous people and sharing ideas for creating a healthier and happier world. (...)
Yoga Assist can be traced back to Tirumalai Krishnamacharya (1888-1989) – an Indian Ayurveda healer and scholar, one of the most influential Yoga instructors of the 20th century and “father of modern Yoga”. (...)