Anti-Inflammatory Hot Toddy Tea
by Blair Morgan - Director, Cape South
Inflammation is the cause of many chronic illnesses. A majority of these illnesses start within the gut as an autoimmune reaction that develops into systemic inflammation.
Here is a fabulous recipe from Lee Holmes’ book ‘Heal your Gut’. This tea is your drug-free weapon of prevention, laced with creamy cashew milk and perfumed with healing spices.
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cashew Milk (almond milk is fine too)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 drops of liquid stevia
- Heat the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the spices, ginger, vanilla & pepper, then stir to remove any lumps.
- Remove from the heat & pour through a fine sieve to remove grated ginger.
- Add the stevia and enjoy warm.
Ingredient health tip: Piperine, a key ingredient in black pepper, enhances the bio-availability of turmeric.
Ever thought twice about crossing the street or trusting a new neighbor or colleague, or maybe, have you had the sense that something unusual was about to happen? Perhaps, you have read of people who chose not to get on a plane that eventually crashed, because they had a ‘bad feeling’. (...)
Crystals are quite underrated and many people are not aware of how beneficial they can be to their wellbeing. Crystals have been used for hundreds of years, not only at home but also for crystal healing on people to support health and wellbeing. (...)
It can be overwhelming to receive so much information about Yoga teachings and lifestyle advice and trying to integrate them all in our everyday life; plus, the fast rhythm in which our society is functioning is not very helpful either. However, it is crucial to understand that to fully benefit from the yogic practices and teachings, we cannot rush through a practice. (...)