Anti-Inflammatory Hot Toddy Tea
by Blair Morgan - Director, Cape South
Inflammation is the cause of many chronic illnesses. A majority of these illnesses start within the gut as an autoimmune reaction that develops into systemic inflammation.
Here is a fabulous recipe from Lee Holmes’ book ‘Heal your Gut’. This tea is your drug-free weapon of prevention, laced with creamy cashew milk and perfumed with healing spices.
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cashew Milk (almond milk is fine too)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 drops of liquid stevia
- Heat the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the spices, ginger, vanilla & pepper, then stir to remove any lumps.
- Remove from the heat & pour through a fine sieve to remove grated ginger.
- Add the stevia and enjoy warm.
Ingredient health tip: Piperine, a key ingredient in black pepper, enhances the bio-availability of turmeric.
In over 25 years that I have been a holistic healing practitioner, I have found that one of the most powerful metaphors for the human condition is the Genie in a Bottle. It has continued to inspire me over the years, because... (...)
Sometimes, what seems like normal tension and worry isn’t. Learn how to tell the difference—and why doing so can help you feel free again. Ask any 10 people on the street whether or not they feel stressed and chances are very good you’ll get the same answer 10 times over—a resounding “YES”! (...)