Super Easy Low-Carb & Gluten-Free Bread
by Craig Burton - Clinical nutritionist
Are you searching for a gluten-free, low carb bread recipe that is super easy to make? Well, you just found it! ... and the best part is that it tastes amazing, especially with a couple of poached eggs and avocado on top.
Ingredients for 500g:
- Sunflower Seeds (ground) 30% = 150 g
- Linseed (flaxseed) (ground) 26% = 130 g
- Almond Meal 16% = 80 g
- Chia Seeds (ground) 8% = 40 g
- Psyllium Husk 5% = 25 g
- Coconut Flour 5% = 25 g
- Buckwheat Flour 4% = 20 g
- Protein Powder 2% = 10 g
- Salt 2% = 10 g
- Baking Soda approx. 1% = 5 g
- Coriander, Anise, Cumin, Fennel (all ground) 1% = 5 g
- Nutmeg and Curcuma possible as well
As a variation you could add grated carrots and chopped olives and nuts.
Note: the nuts and seeds should be ideally freshly ground to not go rancid.
- Add 500 ml water and 40 ml coconut oil and mix well, then let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours but ideally overnight.
- Pour the dough in a baking form and bake for 1.5 h at 200-degrees Celsius in pre-heated oven.
- Reduce heat to 160-degrees Celsius and bake for further 40 minutes.
In today’s tumultuous times, we are more in need than ever for ways to bring about healing. Halt, Expand, Accept, Lovingly act, aka H.E.A.L., is a mindfulness based acronym I developed as a strategy for helping with the healing process. (...)
Just Breathe sat down with Neal Bermas, the man behind STREETS International, to find out more about his motivation, inspiration and general views on work-life-balance and ‘virtues’ of the western world. (...)
With each new year comes my resolution to look after both my well-being and our planet a little better. The practice of mindfulness, where we make time to notice and appreciate the present moment and our thoughts, feelings and physical sensations in that moment, is a growing trend when it comes to improving our mental health. (...)