You Have to Try This Fitness Burger!
by Karsten Wolf - Head Chef at Lanserhof Tegernsee
You absolutely have to try this no guilt Burger recipe brought to you by the chefs from the renowned Lanserhof Tegernsee health resort.
Lanserhof Fitness Burger with Apple, Pear and Bitter Greens
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 papaya, seeds removed
- 25g (1oz) sheepʼs milk yogurt
- a little chervil, chopped
- 2 pinches chili powder
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarifed butter)
- 2 minute steaks (50g/2oz each, turkey, chicken or beef fillet slices)
- 1⁄2 apple, core removed, cut into 1⁄2cm slices
- 1⁄2 pear, core removed, cut into 1⁄2cm slices
- 1⁄2 chicory, leaves removed and washed
- 40g (11⁄2oz) radicchio, leaves removed and washed
- sea salt
- 2 organic spelt wholegrain rolls
- Remove the papaya from the skin, cut into small pieces and combine with the yogurt, chervil and chili powder in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Heat two skillets on a medium heat. Divide the ghee between the two. In one of the skillets, sear the meat for 1 minute on each side, and then remove from the heat and let it rest in the skillet.
- Sauté the apple and pear slices in the second skillet for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicory and radicchio and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cut the rolls in half and warm briefly on a toaster. Layer the bottom halves first with the fruit and chicory and radicchio and then the meat. Spread the papaya yogurt over everything and then place the upper halves of the rolls on top.
After a near-fatal motorbike accident, Nicola’s extraordinary recovery was one of the many powerful Balinese healing experiences that eventually inspired the making of Fivelements. Now Nicola shares his extraordinary story. (...)
by Nicola Martinengo