You Have to Try This Fitness Burger!
by Karsten Wolf - Head Chef at Lanserhof Tegernsee
You absolutely have to try this no guilt Burger recipe brought to you by the chefs from the renowned Lanserhof Tegernsee health resort.
Lanserhof Fitness Burger with Apple, Pear and Bitter Greens
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 papaya, seeds removed
- 25g (1oz) sheepʼs milk yogurt
- a little chervil, chopped
- 2 pinches chili powder
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarifed butter)
- 2 minute steaks (50g/2oz each, turkey, chicken or beef fillet slices)
- 1⁄2 apple, core removed, cut into 1⁄2cm slices
- 1⁄2 pear, core removed, cut into 1⁄2cm slices
- 1⁄2 chicory, leaves removed and washed
- 40g (11⁄2oz) radicchio, leaves removed and washed
- sea salt
- 2 organic spelt wholegrain rolls
- Remove the papaya from the skin, cut into small pieces and combine with the yogurt, chervil and chili powder in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Heat two skillets on a medium heat. Divide the ghee between the two. In one of the skillets, sear the meat for 1 minute on each side, and then remove from the heat and let it rest in the skillet.
- Sauté the apple and pear slices in the second skillet for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicory and radicchio and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cut the rolls in half and warm briefly on a toaster. Layer the bottom halves first with the fruit and chicory and radicchio and then the meat. Spread the papaya yogurt over everything and then place the upper halves of the rolls on top.
Most of us tend to eat too much and too rich foods. Treat your body and especially your digestive organs with some rest from time to time. Detoxification programs, such as fasting, are great to cleanse the entire system and flush out unwanted toxins. (...)
Have you ever said yes to more activities and responsibilities than you can reasonably handle? At work and in your home life, it is easy to get caught in this impossible trap that drains your energy and kills your inspiration. Setting priorities, managing your time wisely, staying focused and developing self-care habits are all behaviors that can support more balance and less overwhelm. (...)
All of us would like to be healthier, to look better, and to live well both physically and spiritually. Living well is almost the entire world’s shared dream. Global Wellness Day, celebrated 13 June, is an entirely not-for-profit day, a social project created by volunteers dedicated to living well. (...)