Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
by Shannon Brennan-Cressey - Blogger and Yoga teacher
Sweet potatoes are the perfect compliment to any meal. They have a myriad of health benefits including their high fiber content that will help to fill you up and keep you regular! They are high in vitamin A, beta carotene, and vitamin C, they also contain iron (great if you are a veg) and magnesium (which helps you de-stress), plus they taste oh so good!
Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet so they help fulfill your body’s sweet needs without the spike in blood sugar since they are slowly absorbed. It’s a great way to trick your taste buds because the more naturally sweet foods you eat, like fruit, sweet potato, and carrots; the less you will crave fake sugars and over sweetened products. I like my sweet potato fries a little spicy so definitely adjust the ingredients below if you like a little less heat.
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
• 1 large or 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Fresh rosemary and oregano
• Paprika, sea salt or herbamare, cayenne pepper, curry powder, basil and chives to taste
- Use as many fresh herbs as you have on hand!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil to grease the pan
- Wash sweet potatoes making sure to get the dirt off the skin, you may need a veggie brush
- Slice sweet potatoes into rounds then stack rounds and cut into slices
- Place into a greased pan and top with herbs, spices and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Use your hands to mix everything together so all of the fries are coated evenly and spread throughout the pan
- Bake in the oven for approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, taking out once mid way though to stir and re-distribute the fries on the bottom to the top so that everything cooks evenly
- The fries will be done once they look ever so slightly brown around the edges and you can stick a fork through with no problem
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was originally posted on wholefoodiebooty.com.
I’m finally at the point in my life where I feel like I have the perfect exercise routine. I’m not going crazy at the gym, or killing myself in boot camp classes, and yet I feel like my best self. (...)
The HEALING SUMMIT – Building a Global Healing Business Community addresses multiple aspects of a happier, socially more just, environmentally sustainable and fulfilling human presence on this planet. During the SUMMIT, which took place beginning of March in Berlin, Germany, you could truly feel a global shift in consciousness: The Transformation Economy embraces a deeper meaning of the self. (...)
There are a finite number of key insights or teachings that I use regularly in my work with individuals and with groups. These are basic practices that carried the day with the original client and that continue to improve workplace functionality and catalyze increased productivity for individuals and teams across a broad spectrum of sectors and individual leadership levels. (...)