Super Easy Low-Carb & Gluten-Free Bread
by Craig Burton - Clinical nutritionist
Are you searching for a gluten-free, low carb bread recipe that is super easy to make? Well, you just found it! ... and the best part is that it tastes amazing, especially with a couple of poached eggs and avocado on top.
Ingredients for 500g:
- Sunflower Seeds (ground) 30% = 150 g
- Linseed (flaxseed) (ground) 26% = 130 g
- Almond Meal 16% = 80 g
- Chia Seeds (ground) 8% = 40 g
- Psyllium Husk 5% = 25 g
- Coconut Flour 5% = 25 g
- Buckwheat Flour 4% = 20 g
- Protein Powder 2% = 10 g
- Salt 2% = 10 g
- Baking Soda approx. 1% = 5 g
- Coriander, Anise, Cumin, Fennel (all ground) 1% = 5 g
- Nutmeg and Curcuma possible as well
As a variation you could add grated carrots and chopped olives and nuts.
Note: the nuts and seeds should be ideally freshly ground to not go rancid.
- Add 500 ml water and 40 ml coconut oil and mix well, then let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours but ideally overnight.
- Pour the dough in a baking form and bake for 1.5 h at 200-degrees Celsius in pre-heated oven.
- Reduce heat to 160-degrees Celsius and bake for further 40 minutes.
We all know Donna Karan is a fantastic designer, but what most don’t know: she is also a gracious, humble, energetic woman who cares for what’s going on the world, trying to make our planet a bit better, a bit more peaceful, and a bit fairer. Following the motto ‘less talk, more action’ the New Yorker founded a vocational training center named D.O.T. (Design, Organization, Training Center for Haitian Artisans) in Haiti in 2015 (...)
Traveling can be great fun, but it can also be a strain on your body and mind. Rushing for flights, changing time zones, sitting for extended periods, poor food, and new environments disrupt our daily routines and rhythms. Also, being on the go we find ourselves choosing convenient fast food options and throwing our regular balanced diet out the window. (...)