Super Easy Low-Carb & Gluten-Free Bread
by Craig Burton - Clinical nutritionist
Are you searching for a gluten-free, low carb bread recipe that is super easy to make? Well, you just found it! ... and the best part is that it tastes amazing, especially with a couple of poached eggs and avocado on top.
Ingredients for 500g:
- Sunflower Seeds (ground) 30% = 150 g
- Linseed (flaxseed) (ground) 26% = 130 g
- Almond Meal 16% = 80 g
- Chia Seeds (ground) 8% = 40 g
- Psyllium Husk 5% = 25 g
- Coconut Flour 5% = 25 g
- Buckwheat Flour 4% = 20 g
- Protein Powder 2% = 10 g
- Salt 2% = 10 g
- Baking Soda approx. 1% = 5 g
- Coriander, Anise, Cumin, Fennel (all ground) 1% = 5 g
- Nutmeg and Curcuma possible as well
As a variation you could add grated carrots and chopped olives and nuts.
Note: the nuts and seeds should be ideally freshly ground to not go rancid.
- Add 500 ml water and 40 ml coconut oil and mix well, then let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours but ideally overnight.
- Pour the dough in a baking form and bake for 1.5 h at 200-degrees Celsius in pre-heated oven.
- Reduce heat to 160-degrees Celsius and bake for further 40 minutes.
It’s a well-known adage: each day dawns as a new opportunity to pursue a healthier, more fulfilled life. We all nod in agreement – yet how often do we actually put in the effort required to make it happen? (...)
‘You must practice mindfulness’, they say. ‘You must meditate’, they say. Must you? No, it’s not for everyone! There are other ways to manage your stress levels, take time out, relax or escape. Have you heard of bibliotherapy? (...)