Ancient Indian Wisdom to Heal the Heart
by Vera Kaur - Indian Holistic Practitioner
The human body is a latticework of energies, vibrating at different frequencies, encompassing the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects. It has been perfectly created to function optimally, providing we observe the laws.
Our breath is the life force that flows through our every cell.
When we divert from these laws through breathing polluted air, eating food far from its natural state, drinking chemical-laden water, ingesting toxic medication, smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, using inorganic body and household products, being exposed to electromagnetic pollution and even thinking negative thoughts, energy imbalances result within our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual body, creating dis-ease.
The symptoms of our dis-ease are merely the body’s innate method of correcting the imbalance within, to allow us to return to our natural state of wholeness.
When we attempt to treat our dis-ease through the administration of medication, we are merely temporarily suppressing the symptoms. We are not addressing the root cause of our dis-ease. The medication causes further imbalances, disrupting our body’s natural immune system, which is rarely given the opportunity to fulfill its role.
Traditional energy healers of India had a wealth of knowledge, and much of this has been kept alive.
Over a period of time, our initial dis-ease re-appears with more serious symptoms. Our body, once again is attempting to correct the imbalances within, to regain equilibrium. Our new symptoms are diagnosed as a new dis-ease, stronger medication is administered and the viscous cycle continues.
The traditional energy healers of India had a wealth of knowledge on how to diagnose, treat, and cure dis-ease by natural methods, and through the generations, much of this has been kept alive.
Six ancient self-healing practices to empower the heart:
The ancient Indian holistic practice of balancing the vital energy within the body by joining different combinations of the fingers and thumbs. Each digit relates to a specific element and holding them together for a short period of time creates a balancing effect throughout the entire being.
- The Apan Vayu Mudra assists in strengthening the heart and balancing the emotions.
- Place your index finger on the mound of your thumb.
- Place the tip of your thumb, middle finger and ring finger together.
- Relax and extend your little finger.
- Practice two times a day for twenty minutes in total.
Breath exercises open the heart centre, to release physical and emotional imbalances.
The ancient Indian holistic practice of controlling the breath by a number of techniques, to increase the vital energy within the body. Our breath is the life force that flows through our every cell, and by expanding our life force we can harmonize with the life force of the universe, to receive cosmic healing energy.
The Expansive Breath Exercise opens the heart centre, to release physical and emotional imbalances.
- Sit upright in a comfortable position with your eyes closed.
- Place your hands on your chest, one on top of the other.
- Bring your awareness to your heart centre and your emotions.
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose, whilst stretching your arms out to the sides, parallel to the floor.
- Retain your breath for as long as is comfortable.
- During the retention of breath, visualize your heart opening, releasing physical and emotional imbalances.
- Exhale slowly and deeply, bringing your arms back to your chest.
- Repeat five times.
- Practice two times a day.
The ancient Indian holistic practice of diagnosing and treating the root cause of dis-ease by applying intermittent pressure to areas of the hands and feet that correspond to specific organs, glands, nerves etc. This regulates the vital energy within the body part, empowering it to function optimally.
The little fingers correspond to the heart. Intermittently press the tips of the little fingers for one minute, two times a day to balance the heart energy and release supressed emotions.
Release the accumulation of negative energy.
The holistic practice of placing the earth’s natural stones within the body’s magnetic field, to restore the flow of healthy positive energy within and around the body by removing toxic, negative energy. The earth is crystalline and our body is crystalline in essence, therefore our energies resonate harmoniously with the vibration of crystals.
Carry the following crystals to empower the heart;
- Rose Quartz, which stimulates the circulatory system and dissolves emotional wounds.
- Unakite, which releases negative energy from the heart centre to balance the emotions.
- Bloodstone, which regulates blood flow and provides support during emotional trauma.
The earth's energies resonate perfectly with the body’s energies.
The holistic practice of walking on natural earth, barefoot to draw upon the unique energy source that lies within the earth. The earth is composed of minerals and its energies resonate perfectly with the body’s energies. Walking barefoot charges the entire being with the vital healing force of the universe.
Practice walking barefoot on grass, sand or the bare earth for twenty minutes around sunset, to release the accumulation of negative energy and strengthen the heart energy rhythms.
As our physical body becomes relaxed, flexible and open, this promotes a similar effect on our mental and emotional body.
The ancient Indian holistic practice of physical postures, each of which has specific physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits to unite the body, mind and soul. Regular practice of the asanas instils a calming and balancing effect on our nervous and endocrine system. It is believed that as our physical body becomes relaxed, flexible and open, this promotes a similar effect on our mental and emotional body.
The Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward Facing Dog Pose) opens the chest and lungs, to increase oxygenation throughout the body.
- Lie down on your abdomen, with the top of your feet and the palms of your hands touching the floor.
- Keep your feet hip width apart and your hands at the sides of your chest.
- Supporting your body with your hands and the top of your feet, straighten your arms and lift upwards.
- Ensure your thighs are not in contact with the floor.
- Bring your awareness to your breathing.
- Release any negative emotions with each exhalation.
- Relax in the posture for up to five minutes.
- Practice two times a day.
In today’s busy world, as we strive to care for ourselves holistically, we can benefit enormously from the ancient Indian wisdom of self-healing practices to instil physical, mental and emotional well-being.
The Lefay SPA Method focuses on the development of innovative aesthetic and beauty proposals following the principles of "holistic beauty". This approach is based on the correct functioning of the whole organism - the so called pillars of beauty and rejuvenation: (...)
There are many reasons to travel; family, pleasure, business, to be closer to someone or perhaps to escape. There are also therapeutic forms of travel, for educational or even spiritual reasons. Sometimes the goal is not the destination, it is the Journey. (...)
With each new year comes my resolution to look after both my well-being and our planet a little better. The practice of mindfulness, where we make time to notice and appreciate the present moment and our thoughts, feelings and physical sensations in that moment, is a growing trend when it comes to improving our mental health. (...)