The World is Moving Too Fast - GWD 2016
by Annette Gebuhr - Freelance Writer
“The world is moving too fast - especially when it comes to technology and quality of life. It seems people are so focused with their devices these days that they forget to live in reality”, says Rochele Silveira, owner of the Kurotel, Brazil.
Focus on the one thing that really matters: YOUIt's about time we all take a deep breath, step back and focus on the one thing that really matters: no, not your latest Facebook message, not the update on this week’s episode of Game of Thrones and no, also not the flashy entertainment guide on your city’s homepage for tonight’s amusement plans. I am thinking about the other thing that matters: YOU.
Global Wellness Day is coming up on June 11. Each year the second Saturday of June is a reminder to us all to take more care of ourselves, to be more forgiving in regards to our flaws and – most importantly - to understand our body, mind and soul as an entity, that needs to be nurtured and balanced.
Celebrate the human body and get an insight on the art of healing. Several healing hotels, all handpicked members of the elite quality brand Healing Hotels of the World, open their doors to celebrate the human body and to give you an insight on the art of healing - physically, spiritually and mentally. It’s a day that invites you to learn in regards to health and nutrition, to experience healing treatments first hand, to reconnect with your inner child and to find ways to quieten your rushing mind.
And the best – it’s all for free. Be a part of this great day, indulge yourself with a visit in a hotel of your choice and experience true healing. Here is an overview of the where and what - feel free to get in touch for more information!
- 07.45 - 08.45 am Running session with Richi Umberg
- 09.00 - 09.45 am Yoga (in nice weather outside)
- 10.00 - 10.45 am Hair & Make-Up Tips
- 11.00 - 11.45 am Circuit training in the work-IT-out
- 12.00 - 01.30 pm Individual lunch break
- 01.30 - 03.30 pm Group hike to Christo
- Aqua aerobics
- Yoga classes
- Workshop on mood enhancing food
- Feldenkrais movement class with visiting practitioner Mandy Kealy
- Drop-in treatment sessions with two Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners
- Highlight of the day: Talk hosted by Sujay Seshadri, one of Kamalaya’s team of Meditation & Life Enhancement mentors, discussing how we can use the art of mindfulness to enhance our experience of the moment and in doing so live more fulfilling life.
- Yoga session with Sandra
- Do it yourself peelings
- Different sauna infusions
- Health area at the Selfness Lounge
- Fresh smoothies
- A one hour guided nature walk
- Offering of health / wellness drinks as welcome drink for all check-ins
- Offering of wellness shooters in the Spa and pool side
- Enhanced salad section in the buffet for all meals
- Special offers for private dining at a unique location
- Complimentary yoga in the morning for all guests
12.00 pm – 08.00 pm Free activities:
- Sunset meditation class, yoga, tips on holistic wellness
- 12.00 pm Cooking class
- Bring your bike, take a hike, sit in front of the sea pool with your book or join in some of the wellness activities
- 04.30 pm Yoga - Rita Sambado: Yoga unifies body, mind and spirit through breathing which means that by practicing yoga, we get the chance to get a deep connection with ourselves.
- 06.00 pm Sound Healing - Rodrigo Maia de Loureiro: Everything in the Universe has a vibration, a frequency, a note. The healing sounds have a unique capacity of stimulating all our cells at a deeper level. Experience a rich and beautiful experience that will alter your consciousness in a wonderful way.
- Sofitel Quiberon Diététique will emphasize on nutrition focusing on recipes from Head Chef Patrick Jarno’s cookbook, on the occasion of a 'show cooking Delight' led by Stéphane LE NORCY.
- Opportunity to observe and learn some Head Chef’s tricks
- Realize an impedancemetry test under the leadership of Sofitel Quiberon Dietétique dietitians
- Participate in a conference on “micronutrition, wellbeing and health.”
The entrance of technology in thalassotherapy
- The Institute will highlight some innovations especially during a treadmill weightlessness demonstration “Alter G”, or even, the cryotherapy’s benefits.
- Realize a personalized skin diagnosis thanks to a “Skin Instant Lab” session
- People will learn about diverse techniques of “letting go” practices as meditation, Doh In or self-massage to participate in a walking mediation.
- Join Lafodia Waterhill Spa for a stretching class with fitness instructors open air on the Spa terrace from 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- 10% discount on any Spa treatments for the day
Vair Spa opens its wellness doors to all team members of the resort and to all their relatives – what is only open to them on GWD can be experienced by you any other day:
- How old is your body compared to your age? A highly technological tool gives the answer in 2 minutes through measuring the BMI. It’s used in the Fure-Program, helping you to look and feel healthier. It promotes concentration, improves vital functions and counteracts mental and physical aging.
- Outdoor workout like combat training or running near the sea and among olive trees
- Spa experiences – dancing, relaxing, improve concentration, simply having fun
- How can colors change your health? An innovative consultation can give a precise reading of the personality and of the area and energies that can be improved.
- How can a search for spirituality be intregrated in your daily life? And how can your body help with this? A private or shared conversation with Stefano Battaglia, known as Vair's shaman
Enjoy free wellness activities like:
- Meditation sessions
- Creative recycling workshops, organic fair and book signing with Kurotel founder Dr Luis Carlos Silveira, author of the book The Science of Healing. The city has fully embraced Global Wellness Day by officially establishing June 11th as a school day to inspire the 5,500 students and teachers to join the event.
At Kurotel, GWD celebrations take place from June 6th to 11th. All the 140 staff members are fully committed to extensively educating guests about the 7-step manifesto, inspiring them to make more positive choices to incorporate these simple, but important healthy attitudes on a daily basis with lectures and organic fair.
- 08.30 am Morning Yoga: Guided traditional ‘asanas,’ yoga postures, ‘pranayama,’ breath work, and balancing poses. Begin or continue learning a safe and effective practice with an experienced instructor. All levels of experience are welcome.
- 10.00 am Tai Chi: Experience an introduction to a Yang style short form Tai Chi, a non-martial approach to an ancient Chinese moving meditation.
- 10.30 am Guided Nature Walk: Discover the hidden beauty and varied wildlife of the many ecosystems at Post Ranch on a guided nature hike.
- 07.30 am – 11.00 am Healthy and delightful start with a breakfast buffet
- 08.30 am Aqua Fit
- 09.45 am Stretching on the sun terrace or in the Garten
- 10.30 am SPA guided tour
- 11.00 am Guided walking tour with water treading and smoothies
- 11.15 am Healthy back gym
- 01.00 pm Mountainbike tour with hotel bikes
- 02.15 pm BBP Workout
- 03/04/05.00 pm Sauna infusions with fruits and wild rice
- 04.00 pm Yoga Nidra
- 06.30 pm Ending the day in the garden or restaurant
The Siam's Opium Spa will offer their team members and in-house guests a relaxing breathing technique- and meditation technique session led by globally renowned wellness expert, Dr. Adrish Brahmadatta.
- Complimentary morning yoga at 8 am for guests
- Special class at 5 pm for self-therapy for office & computer syndrome at yoga champ
Sound Healing is one of the oldest forms of healing known to man and used by many cultures around the world. Some use music to lift their spirits; others use it to consciously enhance the healing process using sound and vibrations. (...)
Egypt - that’s pyramids, mummies, animal-faced gods, Cleopatra and yoga. Yes, you heard right, yoga. Very few people are aware that the ancient Egyptians had breathing techniques and postures that are comparable with the yoga we know today. (...)