10 Zen Quotes and Proverbs
by Ina Jürgens - Freelance Writer
Ten of the most famous Zen Proverbs that will make you reflect.
- When the pupil is ready to learn, a teacher will appear.
- Let go or be dragged.
- Student says. "I am very discouraged, what should I do?" Master say. "Encourage others"
- When you reach the top, keep climbing.
- Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.
- The world is like a mirror you see? Smile and your friends smile back.
- We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.
- When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
- Although gold dust is precious, when it gets in your eyes, it obstructs your vision.
“Honey, you know we’ve got an invitation from my parents this weekend for dinner. My brother’s also coming.” – “Oh no, does he have to? I can’t stand him, he’s so dominant, he always scolds me, you know that.” – “Please, not this again… I can’t hear it anymore.”… (...)
The white veggie is low in calories but of high nutritional quality. It is not only delicious, but also packed with multiple health benefits. Asparagus is rich in minerals, vitamins and trace elements. On top of that it boosts your body's vitality and flushes out toxins. (...)
In science, chaos theory suggests that within the apparent random behavior of matter, there is an underlying pattern that continually moves toward organization. This ‘self-organization’ principle suggests that order can spontaneously arise out of a disordered system. (...)