10 Zen Quotes and Proverbs
by Ina Jürgens - Freelance Writer
Ten of the most famous Zen Proverbs that will make you reflect.
- When the pupil is ready to learn, a teacher will appear.
- Let go or be dragged.
- Student says. "I am very discouraged, what should I do?" Master say. "Encourage others"
- When you reach the top, keep climbing.
- Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.
- The world is like a mirror you see? Smile and your friends smile back.
- We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.
- When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
- Although gold dust is precious, when it gets in your eyes, it obstructs your vision.
I’m finally at the point in my life where I feel like I have the perfect exercise routine. I’m not going crazy at the gym, or killing myself in boot camp classes, and yet I feel like my best self. (...)
Do you fancy a quick and easy refreshing green soup? With the start of summer and the hot season, refreshing recipes are in high demand! In the summer months, the Ayurvedic temper and vitality called Pitta is dominant. (...)
On a usual Monday morning I was out grocery shopping and went around the store to look for the recycled toilet paper and the recycled waste bin plastic bags. It was the usual routine and felt a little gloomy compared to when I first started with the recycled-products. Was it really the end of recycling for me or was there just something missing? (...)