10 Zen Quotes and Proverbs
by Ina Jürgens - Freelance Writer
Ten of the most famous Zen Proverbs that will make you reflect.
- When the pupil is ready to learn, a teacher will appear.
- Let go or be dragged.
- Student says. "I am very discouraged, what should I do?" Master say. "Encourage others"
- When you reach the top, keep climbing.
- Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.
- The world is like a mirror you see? Smile and your friends smile back.
- We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.
- When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
- Although gold dust is precious, when it gets in your eyes, it obstructs your vision.
As an international yoga teacher and healer, I frequently get asked if practicing yoga can really help with losing weight and keeping it off for good. But, what many of my yoga students don’t realize is that I used to be 60 pounds overweight. (...)
It was a remarkable evening in Dr. Mosaraf Ali’s flat in London’s hip Marylebone. Dr. Ali is a renowned expert and mastermind in the field of integrated health. Before dinner was served, we sat in his large and very traditional living room, listening to the stories of someone who has successfully worked with high profile patients - from the members of the world’s Royal family to the likes of Kate Moss, Sylvester Stallone and Morgan Freeman. (...)
“Honey, you know we’ve got an invitation from my parents this weekend for dinner. My brother’s also coming.” – “Oh no, does he have to? I can’t stand him, he’s so dominant, he always scolds me, you know that.” – “Please, not this again… I can’t hear it anymore.”… (...)