10 Zen Quotes and Proverbs
by Ina Jürgens - Freelance Writer
Ten of the most famous Zen Proverbs that will make you reflect.
- When the pupil is ready to learn, a teacher will appear.
- Let go or be dragged.
- Student says. "I am very discouraged, what should I do?" Master say. "Encourage others"
- When you reach the top, keep climbing.
- Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.
- The world is like a mirror you see? Smile and your friends smile back.
- We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.
- When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
- Although gold dust is precious, when it gets in your eyes, it obstructs your vision.
Did you know you really are a superhero? You manage an overwhelm of life demands – work, spousal and social relationships, health and well-being, raising children, caring for others and self, paying bills, and overseeing the upkeep of your home. (...)
The liver is one of the most important organs, when it comes to detoxification. It’s what protects us from all the environmental pollutants that we are exposed to, plus the toxins we ingest such as alcohol, processed foods and refined sugar. (...)
Mother Earth is so generous in supporting us unconditionally, providing us with all the nutrition and the resources we do need to survive. Nature brings so much beauty and abundance into our lives. We receive her healing benefits just by being in contact with her. No words, no explanations are needed. She is a divine source of inspiration and creation. (...)