Easy & Wholesome: Black Rice Pudding
© Sukhavati, Bali
When you are savoring something sweet, but you don’t want to break with your good habits, this might just be the perfect solution for you: a sweet, but yet wholesome black rice pudding.
Here is how (serves 4):
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 cups short grain white rice
- 1 cup of palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- Soak the black rice and white rice separately for 1 hour.
- Boil the black rice until medium soft.
- Add white rice to the black rice, and bring to a boil until medium soft. You may want to add a little more water if too thick.
- Put in the palm sugar and salt. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until well cooked and soft.
- Serve in small bowl and pour in the coconut milk on top.
Feel free to add any toppings of your choice, such as nuts or fruits. Enjoy!
This recipe for a yummy black rice pudding was originally published on www.sukhavatibali.com, a healing hotel by Healing Hotels of the World.