Ayurvedic Green Soup
© Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof, Austria
Do you fancy a quick and easy refreshing green soup? With the start of summer and the hot season, refreshing recipes are in high demand! In the summer months, the Ayurvedic temper and vitality called Pitta is dominant.
This is why light dishes with strong seasoning are optimal to stimulate the weak Agni.
You will need:
- 250 g broccoli and zucchini
- 500 ml water
- 1 TSP Salt
- 3 TBS olive oil
- ¼ TSP asafetida
- 10 black pepper kernels, milled
- 1 ½ lemons for fresh-pressed lemon juice
How to cook:
- Chop broccoli and zucchini and cook it covered at medium heat in salty water.
- When soft, mash the broccoli and zucchini.
- Heat 2 TBS olive oil and sweat asafetida and pepper.
- Mix all together with 1 TBS olive oil and lemon juice and serve.
The consistency of the soup should be viscous. You can add more boiled water, as needed. This soup is a perfect fit for all three Doshas. Vata people may want to use more zucchini than broccoli.
This is one of many great recipes of the Ayurveda cookbook “Es geht mir richtig gut mit Ayurveda” (I do feel really good with Ayurveda; currently only available in German). Together with her father and sister, co-author Lisa Mauracher developed tasty recipes focusing on individual requirements of the Vata, Pitta and Kapha types.
Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof is a member of Healing Hotels of the World.