1 ½ cup spelt flour
1 ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 cup hazelnuts finely processed or 1 ½ cup hazelnut meal
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup ground cacao nibs
1 ½ cup dates, pitted and finely processed
3 tablespoon black chia seeds
½ cup coconut oil, melted. Plus a little extra for oiling the tin
1 cup almond milk
• Soak chia seeds in ½ cup of water for fifteen minutes
• Preheat oven to 170 C. Brush a 24 hole muffin tray with coconut oil.
• Combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
• Add soaked chia seeds, coconut oil, cacao nibs, dates and almond milk gradually.
• Place mixture in a lined baking tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes
Chia seeds – also known as super food seeds among health experts – provide healthy omega-3 fats and fiber. Chia Seeds are packed with calcium, which is good for maintaining your bones, oral health and preventing osteoporosis. With one serving you can also cover 27 per cent of your daily need in phosphorus, which helps the body to synthesize protein for tissue growth and repair. Besides, chia seeds are a great source of protein and don’t have any cholesterol. They can help to regulate appetite, promote healthy sleep, and improve your mood.