Dairy Free Coconut Yoghurt
© Samantha Gowing
I rarely eat dairy so I am forever devising concoctions that are dairy free for my clients who are dreaming of that cheesy feeling. With no cow or sheep’s milk yoghurt for breakfast, necessity and consumer demand led to my first trial batch of dairy free coconut yoghurt. Here’s how I made it…
- 2 young Thai coconuts, opened and flesh removed to yield about 1½ cups of flesh
- 1¼ cups coconut water from the 2 coconuts you will open, so strain well
- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder (I used 4 capsules of Metagenics Ultra Flora DF)
- In a Thermomix – or other fancy high speed blender
- Puree the coconut meat and water until it is thick and creamy
- Stir in the probiotic and then transfer into a sterilised jar, seal
- Incubate in a dehydrator at 100 C for 4-6 hours
- Remove from dehydrator, allow to cool and then chill
- Use within 5 days
*Yields about 500 ml or more depending on how much flesh you get from your coconuts
This dairy free coconut yoghurt tasted delicious with my Gluten Free Polenta Pancakes.
ChrisAug 23, 2016
100 deg C?
Ewa BigingAug 24, 2016
Yes, that is correct
Dr Yogender SharmaMar 31, 2016
SUN & FRESH AIR ARE 2 big healers. Just breathe and soak some Sun for best results.