Healthy Chocolate Cake
© Split Apple Retreat
You will love this simple and healthy chocolate cake recipe.
- 1 cup Quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3 large size eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar or low GI sugar or xylitol
- 180g dark chocolate, chopped and melted ( 75% cocoa or more)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup coconut oil or rice bran oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinches of salt
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease about 22cm round baking dish and line base with baking paper.
In the mixing bowl, mixed dry ingredients together except sugar then put on side. Melt dark chocolate with steamer and pour coconut cream into chocolate and whisk to combine.
In another mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat egg and sugar until sugar is dissolved and thick. Add oil and continue to beat until the mixture combines and is smooth. Add vanilla extract and the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and mix well.
Then add the dry mixture into the wet mixture, whisk to combine. Pour the cake mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clear. Cool chocolate cake completely.