© Fivelements Puri Ahimsa, Indonesia
How to Meditate - 7 Simple Tips for everyone
by Lahra Tatriele - Co-founder & Vision Director, Fivelements
Meditation is about training the mind, eg. When you want to ride a bicycle, you keep trying and after practicing awhile, you can do it, then it becomes easier and easier.
- Before you start, put in your mind, “Meditation is attainable for me.” It is not difficult.
- Sit in a relaxed position for your body - on the floor or on a chair.
- Choose an object of focus that makes you feel good, e.g.: breathing, a mandala painting or a photo/image, etc.
Use this as a tool to bring harmony and love to your mind.
Use it as a way to bring about concentration and mindfulness.
- Turn your vision inward and observe your breathing.
By observing your breathing, you will calm your mind naturally.
Observe the fickle-mindedness of your mind coming in and fading away, bringing about a steady concentration.
Allow your concentration to turn into contemplation and slowly, you will forget about both yourself and any form, effortlessly blossoming into meditation.
- Become a source of love and light.
Once your calm mind is steady, let love permeate within you and around you like a radiant light.
- For healing, gently direct your thoughts to make your body healthy, alleviate your mind of stress, send your love to someone in suffering, etc.
Bring inner wisdom to your mind so that it becomes increasingly harmonious, and use this for healing the body, trauma or others in your life.
- Let go and let spirit in.
The practice of meditation will train your mind to become good, full of love – enough to heal yourself and others.
Ultimately, there will be no Form, only Atma or soul in union with the Divine.
You might also like: