Pluto Retrograde: Troubles, Tantrums & Transformation
© Greg Rakozy
Have you ever wondered whether Astrology has something to do with what we are experiencing in the world? Pluto entered its pre-retrograde zone on January 3rd, and soon after the entire world changed, according to Alex Myles of Moon Crystal’s.
The planet of karmic patterns, rebirth, restoration, healing and transformation, Pluto is now in retrograde and will so remain until October 4th, 2020. Even if some flattening curves tell us we are on the up, Pluto whispers that the intensity is likely to remain for some time. Now is not yet the time to rest on our laurels.
Preparation is the Best Medicine
Awareness creates choice.
The reason for wanting to share a little more on this is not to make anyone worry. Rather I feel it is better to be prepared and to know what may be coming than to be taken by surprise.
What to Expect (at the most)?
No need to worry too much, as we are talking about what may be in store – at the most! And do keep in mind that even if hit by a barrage of “stuff”, first and foremost “it is all in your mind”. More on this angle in the next post, where I’ll offer some guidance for dealing light-heartedly even with the worst hits. For now, here is the tough list, but for each point also some pointers to resolution:
Do keep in mind that there are ways to keep your mind light, rather than dark, and to touch on the invincible in you – perhaps in and of itself a key takeaway.
- Your deepest and darkest fears surface. Will you acknowledge and release them? Are you afraid of the future, now unknown? Or have you understood that it was always unknown and there is only ever the present moment?
- Unhealed traumas are triggered and amplified. Often, we are not even aware that we’ve experienced any, whereas Robert Scaer contends that we are all traumatized and that this is the root of almost all our problems – whether emotional, mental, physical or psycho-social. Dr Gabe Mate offers us this definition: “It’s not what happens to you externally that defines the trauma but what happens internally to you as a result of it.” The challenge remains, that what we are not aware of we can’t solve. Will you allow the traumas to be felt and healed? Stay with this question and contemplate.
Emotional storms may pull in, even in your closest relationships. Especially there! Do you need to release anything or anyone that no longer resonates with you?
- Feeling powerless. Clearly, at this point in time we can feel powerless because the entire foundation of society has been shaken, including our very own foundation. With our sense of security ripped away – through COVID-19 appearing on the global stage – many of us have lost a sense of who we are in the world. My conclusion is that in response we need to rely completely on our own inner strength. I suggest, if not before, then this is the time that we will finally find it. What does it mean for you to stand in your power?
- Feeling misunderstood or lonely, an outcast even. Unfairly judged or dismissed, will you try to please or hide or will you (finally?!) choose to become who you truly are? What does it mean to you to truly be yourself?
- Feeling rejected or abandoned. Will you let other people determine your worth or drop relationships and friends that are not good for you, or where the energy is not equally reciprocated? What will be the gain versus any loss?
A Collective Shift
It may come across as heavy stuff, all this, and heavy it may feel, but as I hope you also read into it, it’s not all bad. On the contrary, remember what Rumi said: “The wound is the place where the light enters you.”
Still, if you worry a lot, do try to remember that Pluto is the transformer of not only our personal inner power struggles but also of other types of paradigms. Specialty: taking down power structures in order to rebuild them in a fairer and more ethical way. In other words, as individuals we are part of a collective shift.
It’s not as if we’re nailed to a cross, even if it might feel like it when we suffer the most. Point being, there may be something larger at stake here that we miss out on if we look at the process only as suffering, associated with going through a painful experience. Instead, could it be that it is the suffering that delivers freedom, as it brings about a deep questioning of what life is all about? This is an important question, perhaps the most important one.
Talking about paradigms, as we allow for the destruction of the old, a far more equal, harmonious new world can be constructed, like a Phoenix rising out of the ashes of the matriarchy buried thousands of years ago.
Pluto, the Planet of the Underworld, shining a light on what is dark and heavy within it will help the transition. So, it won’t all be a bed of roses.
Just remember: When Pluto goes retrograde, the ones committed to self-growth keep going.
Keep going. It will be worth it.
- Openly and compassionately communicate past, present and future fears, deep rooted insecurities and long-kept secrets. Consider joining a healing circle, even if “only” online. Someone hearing you out may be enough for deep healing to take place.
- Give yourself permission to no longer hold back. Now that everything is in question it might be a good time to become the greatest version of yourself. Go for it. Consider an empty canvass and feel into how you would re-create your life, what really brings you peace, joy and happiness. Perhaps it is something you had actually longed to do, to make some changes.
Last, but not least, a heightening of your senses and taking in new revelations of truth. Whether perceived as “good” or “bad”, these truths can be likened to a “removal of masks”. Now, especially, that would be a good one – pun intended ;-)
Pluto will kick some butts, it seems. I say, do not resist, but instead prepare for the ride and get ready for the rewards! Please feel invited to join the Love Yourself Project and my free COVID-19: The Lockdown Easing Live Series HERE.
Happy Pluto Retrograde All.
May we be Love and Light.
P.S. To receive bi-monthly Soul Snippets to your inbox or to join free events, send a message HERE.
More about Claudia Roth
I believe in the connection of body-mind-spirit. This makes up the foundation for healing, as I have myself experienced. Post a corporate high-profile career in luxury hospitality my mission is to help those who want to live a more connected and soulful life.
Convinced that embracing the fullest and truest version of myself is the only healthy way to live, I practice Quantum Energy Coaching. In addition, I write, facilitate events and consult companies on wellbeing initiatives. My book “A 28 Days Guided Journey to Self Love”, a guided journal is available on Amazon and other major book retailers.
All original material copyright © 2020 Claudia Roth
EmmaJun 22, 2020
Recently, I began to study astrology and I want to say that the retrograde period is the time that the universe gives us, so that we can figure out ourselves and correct what we consider to be violated. It is never easy to look directly into the eyes of the deepest fear; however, when Pluto is retrograde, it is simply a necessity. Moreover, all the poisonous people around you must be excluded from your life for you to succeed.