13 Ways To Let Your Skin Shine
© Rancho La Puerta
As we age, the question of how to best take care of our skin naturally often comes up. We now know that it’s not just what you put on your skin that affects how it looks, but it’s also what you eat and your lifestyle.
Your lifestyle impacts how your skin looks and feels. There’s a lot you can do!
Dr. Nancy Herrick recently came to Rancho La Puerta, a healing hotel of Healing Hotels of the World, to talk about how skin can age healthfully and how to keep a youthful appearance.
Top tips for healthy aging skin
- Eating cold-water fish such as salmon, sardines, halibut, or herring on a weekly basis to provide essential fatty acids for skin.
- Take on a teaspoon of Green Pastures Fermented Cod Liver Oil daily to keep skin firm and eliminate toxins.
- Take Progressive Labs Astaxanthol which reduces the physical signs of aging in four to six weeks.
- Use a high quality natural skincare products and mineral sunscreens.
Foods to eat on a regular basis for beautiful skin
- Wild Alaskan Salmon for its essential fatty acids.
- Anchovies and sardines for their source of DMAE which increases skin’s firmness.
- Blueberries for their high amounts of antioxidants which shield our skin from free radicals such as sun exposure, stress and environmental toxins.
- Chocolate for flavanols which increase circulation in skin.
- Spinach for antioxidants and lutein, which increases skin hydration and elasticity.
- In general, eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Your lifestyle impacts how your skin looks and feels. Getting plenty of sleep and exercise on a daily basis is important not only for your overall health, but also your skin.
- Try sleeping on your back to prevent wrinkles. A satin pillowcase will also help prevent wrinkles.
- Avoid cigarettes smoking and alcohol, as both wreak havoc on your skin. If you must drink alcohol, have it in moderation and drink plenty of water.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins out of the body.
As you can see, there is plenty you can do to have beautiful skin. The easiest thing to remember is that what you do to promote your health overall is also healthy for your skin.
Harvey LeeJan 8, 2019
Very interesting article! You are sharing the great ways to let skin shine. I really like this article so much. Thanks and keep sharing.