On Fear Bubbles & How to Protect Yourself From the Coronavirus
© Catrin Johnson
Regarding the current collective Coronavirus (COVID-19) fear bubble, are you in or are you out? With the internet – and especially social media – overflowing with advice (and fake news) for people to protect themselves, I would say that the fear mongering itself may be your worst threat.
Why do I say this?
Well, I have to admit that I got into the fear bubble myself… I was supposed to travel to Rome the other day, and I cancelled redirecting myself to meet my client in Marbella instead. A case reported at the local doctor’s surgery added to my already heightened emotional state.
Having reflected on this during meditation, however, I am aware that staying in fear is not an option, because everything is energy; including us human beings. We are a part of the energetic field as much as we are surrounded by it and interacting with it. An emotion such as fear emits lower vibrational energies, and from experience as well as from being a qualified Quantum Energy Coach, feeling fearful we feel weak and therefore our energetic protective shield is easier to penetrate. Fear is infecting our minds. We make ourselves vulnerable to ill health.
The respiratory illness coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is spreading. And as I write this article, according to World Health Organisation over 90,000 cases and 2,200 deaths have been reported, mostly in China.
Considering there are almost 8 billion people in the world and the percentage of deaths out of the number infected, I’d say that your chances of survival are great. Also the WHO maintains that unless you have travelled in an area where the virus is spreading or come in contact with someone infected, chances are you’re not at much risk of getting the coronavirus.
So as the risk is relatively small, why fear? I would like to encourage you not to, especially as fear will make you weaker, in addition to you enjoying your life less.
The Stronger Within, the Stronger the Protection
With a strong and healthy body, mind and spirit, normally your aura (i.e. the electromagnetic energy field that surrounds you) will be better able to protect you, I would argue, even from the coronavirus. A calm mind and a strong immune system will be your best bets.
A 2003 University of Wisconsin-Madison investigation concluded that emotions impact our likelihood to contract the flu. In short, those experiencing particularly intense negative emotions produce fewer antibodies. It is more than likely that positive emotions can improve your immune system and decrease the risk of you getting infected by any virus.
Many studies have been conducted, but to mention one more, psychologist Dr. Sheldon Cohen and colleagues at Carnegie Mellon University in Pennsylvania squirted the rhinovirus (which causes colds) into participants’ noses and determined, through daily interviews, that those scoring in the bottom third for positive emotions were three times more likely to catch a cold than those in the top third. To put it bluntly, people expressing more positive emotions are less likely to catch upper respiratory tract infections than those with negative emotions.
My Perhaps Unorthodox Advice
Contrary to most advice
I would suggest you do not stay informed of the latest developments, as doing so will most likely only increase your fears and encase you in the kind of a fear bubble that weakens your natural protection. Instead, practice the below and focus on yourself. Go within and replenish your internal resources. Radiate peaceful strength and enjoy being you.
Even if a travel addict, consider the reason for travelling. Perhaps staying home and enjoying a good book and taking it easy are decent alternatives? On the other hand, if it gets you too agitated or depressed not to travel, do travel! There is no right or wrong. It is your relationship with your decision which is the determining factor.
I am sharing my energetic advice to stay healthy:
- Do not lose sleep over the virus risk, as it will only make you weaker. Keep your evening relaxed and stress free and end it with a cup of chamomile tea. Take a natural supplement such as Valeria root if needed.
- Healing chants and sounds can help you relax, in general and before sleep.
- Practice yoga, meditation, dance, or simply walk outside in nature. Almost anything goes that strengthens your body and relaxes your mind. Endorphins can do wonders to keep you healthy and strong.
- Do a round of Wim Hof Breathing which is a specialised breathing technique known for providing more energy, reduced stress levels, and especially an augmented immune response that swiftly deals with pathogens.
- Pay attention to your thoughts and emotions. Staying positive could literally save your life.
- Drink a lot of water and juices. Especially all things green, such as smoothies, will be good, and ideally fortify them with antioxidant-rich foods such as dark chocolate, pecans, elderberry and cranberry. Mindful eating habits could literally save your life.
- Natural supplements could be added too for a natural immune boost. Neem, turmeric, echinacea… the list of capsules that could easily be taken every morning and will go a long way to protect you is long. As always, the basics prevail, and fresh vegetables will beat processed foods every day. To be inspired, HERE is a list of more foods that will be especially good right now.
- A confession: As I went to the local Health Food Shop to stock up on Manuka honey, I thought to also buy some hand sanitizer. Guess what? It was sold out! Instead I was given the information to make my own version. Add to the Witch Hazel sanitiser base, the essential oils tea tree, ravensara, wild thyme and lemon, all known for their antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and cleansing properties. Just know it is an alcohol-free alternative.
- Finally, do not fear being fearful. Try to relax, smile and enjoy your days. A smile to yourself does wonders. It quickly lifts your energy and it is free!
- With advice readily available these days always check in with yourself. Your intuition is your guide for healthy living. Nobody knows you better than yourself.
- Remember we are all in this together. Be mindful of the conversations you have: Are you in the fear bubble when speaking or outside?
The Widely Shared Practical tips
I am not saying to ditch all the basics. Like influenza and common cold viruses, the coronavirus mainly spreads through sneezing or coughing, and the best way to protect yourself is to avoid people who are sick. Especially if someone has a cold or a fever and there are respiratory implications, do not feel bad about not wanting to meet up or stay in the vicinity. Secondly, take especially good care of your personal hygiene.
- Basically, washing hands with soap will go a long way, as will avoiding touching your face with unwashed hands. Also, cleaning any spit or mucus off your skin straight away are good precautions. The washing is common sense and probably something you do every day already. Add-ons can be to count to 20 seconds whilst washing and to make sure the soap contains alcohol.
- If you feel like it, you may also want to use a hand sanitizer that contains alcohol. It’s easy to carry a small bottle around. Similarly, to not spread the virus should you have contracted it, stay home if sick. Avoid sneezing into the air.
Do not do to others what you would not like to have done to you, as Confucius said.
On a final note
I personally believe that this major global upheaval – I call it a ‘reset’ – will be for the good of humanity. We will learn to take better care of ourselves rather than keep getting lost in the wilderness of always wanting more and more. It could even be that the coronavirus outbreak is supporting our re-evaluation of the importance of health & wellbeing in our lives.
To take nothing for granted! I leave this final thought for you to contemplate.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and informational only. It is not intended to replace medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.
To receive bi-monthly Soul Snippets to your inbox send a message HERE.
About the Author: People want to feel healthy, happy and more deeply connected. Claudia’s aim as an author is to bring meaningful spiritual wisdom into modern context making it accessible to those longing for inner fulfilment. Her latest venture ‘A 28 Day Journey to Self Love’ journal is available for pre-order. http://www.soul-luxury.com
All original material copyright © 2020 Claudia Roth
Sources: https://www.who.int, https://psychcentral.com/news/2014/05/22/study-probes-how-emotions-affect-immune-system/70192.html